Community and Economic Development (CED)
From the Code of Ordinances, § 32.062: Community and Economic Development Director; Appointment; Requirements; Term of Office; Power and Duties
(1) The City Council shall appoint a Community and Economic Development Director.
(2) The Community and Economic Development Department shall be under the supervision of the director of Community and Economic Development, who shall be responsible for the preparation of a plan and program for the orderly development of the city.
(B) Requirements. No person may be considered for the position that does not possess at least a four-year undergraduate degree in public administration, marketing, architecture, historic preservation, advertising, journalism, planning, business, or related field.
(C) Term of office. The City Council, through either a separate policy or employment agreement, shall establish the term of this position as well as salary and other conditions of employment.
(D) Power and duties.
(1) The Director shall be responsible for the preparation of needed revisions and adjustments to the community plan, as determined by the City Planning Commission and City Council.
(2) The Director shall be responsible for the preparation of basic information and data required by other departments in connection with the preparation or execution of any planning program.
Planning a project in Hamtramck? Pre-application meetings can be scheduled with Economic Development Associate Grace Stamper. She can be contacted by email at email@example.com, or by phone at (313) 800-5233 ext. 307.
The Community Economic Development (CED) Department manages all aspects of planning, community, and economic development for the City of Hamtramck.
- Zoning Board Of Appeals Application
- Zoning Board of Appeals Application for Variance
- Site Plan Meeting Checklist
- Pre-Application Meeting/Conceptual Meeting Checklist
- Film Permit Application
- Event Application Form
- Sidewalk Cafe Permit Application
Community Economic Development (CED) Documents
- Fee Schedule 2020-21
- Zoning Map
- Hamtramck Zoning Ordinance (updated 2020)
- Hamtramck Master Plan – 2020 updates
- Hamtramck Master Plan
- Capital Improvement Plan
- City of Hamtramck Guide to Development
- Land Use Table
- Economic Development Strategy
- Master Plan Action Plan
- Plan Commission 2019 Annual Report
- Target Market Analysis Housing Study – Final Report
- Target Market Analysis Housing Study – Attachments
- CDBG Finding of No Significant Impact
- Invest in Hamtramck – Property Prospectus
- Residential Development RFQ
Have you gone through the permitting/inspections or site plan review process? Do you have ideas on how these processes could be improved? Fill out the form(s) below and return to the Building/CED Department in City Hall!